8/22/2007

Home Improvement Project: Day 7

Yes my 2-3 day project is now up to day 7 and we still have no toilet or sink. But we have a floor. Damn that floor looks nice if I do say so myself. I'm half tempted to leave it this way, the toilet and vanity will cover 1/3 of it.

Cleaned the toilet thoroughly. Scraped off old shitty wax ring. Installed new clean wax ring and bolts. Then was the fun part. You have to line the wax ring up with the hole while getting two bolts to go right into their holes on either side. You can't hold the toilet and look under it at the same time so it's pretty tricky. But alas, I am the master and it went right on. Tightened it down. Good so far.

Installed the tank. Hooked up the water. Turned it on. Drip, drip, drip. Damn! Pipe going to toilet leaking. Took apart and removed tank. The pipe had pushed a rubber washer up inside the toilet tank. Fixed washer. Reconnected. Turned on water. No drip, drip, drip. Nice.

Let tank fill. Flushed with fingers crossed. Drip, drip, drip. Double damn. Water leaking from between the tank and toilet. God do I hate plumbing. Another trip to Home f'n Depot. Bought new seal for between tank and toilet. Also took the pipes for under the sink so I don't have to make another trip. "Mr. How can you be so stupid as to not know the proper pipe size and vocabulary clerk" helps me find what I need while intentionally leading me astray when I use the wrong terminology. Head home.

Take tank off again. Install new seal. Reconnect. Fill. Flush. No leak! Who's the man!

Off to dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home