8/07/2007

New Toy!

If you haven't figured out yet, I love my wife, I love my kids, and I love my toys. I'm very excited because my beautiful wife told me to go ahead and buy my newest toy on eBay tonight.



It started out as a too good to be true deal but ended up turning out OK. I have been keeping an eye on eBay for a paint ball gun like my brother has. His gun has wicked accuracy and it very frustrating to play against him with rental guns. Time and time again I've been taken out from a distance that my rental wouldn't even fire and after cryin about it for a while, I decided if you can't beat him, join him.

So I've been keeping an eye on eBay and at dick's sporting goods for a good deal on the gun. Tonight I found one for $75 "brand new." I knew that the gun came with a one year warranty and usually came with the accessories in the pic but this one was just the gun. It retails with the accessories for about $189 but Dick's had it on sale for $169. (In addition to loving toys, I'm one hell of a comparison shopper; thanks for raising me in the mall mom!) Anyway, $75 seemed like a steal so I told Amy about it and she said, go ahead and get it, that's a great deal. I had a dilemma though, the deal seemed to good to be true but I was afraid someone else would snatch it up first. I bid the Buy It Now and sent the guy a message asking about the warranty.

He quickly replied he had mislabeled the gun as new and that it was actually a factory refurbished model with a one month warranty so he would give me a $12 discount. I found much better deals online for refurbs so I was a bit worried. I let him know I'd need a much bigger discount and a 3 month warranty like the other eBay listings or I needed him to reverse the trasaction. Suprisingly he said he couldn't take my offer but would open a dispute to reverse it. Within 15 minutes the whole thing was taken care of with no negative consequence to either of us. Who says there aren't trustworthy people left in the world? And this was at 10:30 on a Monday night.

So anyway, I went ahead and ordered the much better refurb deal with the 3 month warranty and now I'm hoping my new toy arrives before we play next Sat.

So once again, a post I meant to be two sentences ends up as a novel. Oh well, I like to babble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home