7/27/2007

Vacation Week Two

eek two brought in my family and overall things went really well.

The first time we went to the banks, my grand father took my dad and I on an air tour of the island. They took my brothers years later. This year my dad continued the tradition with Marc and I. Marc was quiet but amazed. He seemed to really enjoy taking in all the sights from the air. The exciting part though was that the pilot let me fly the whole trip. He asked if I had ever flown before and I told him I had taken an intro lesson Amy gave me for Christmas a few years ago. He said cool, reviewed the controls, and once the plane was in the air he let me take over. It was a blast. I got to fly over the Wright Brothers memorial, bank around Currituck Beach lighthouse, and fly back along the coast. I didn't get to land but that was OK with me because I did it once and it is scary as hell.

We played beer pong one night, poker a couple nights, and went to do drunk Karaoke. Evidently I did a horrible rendition of Sweet Jane but I was drunk so it sounded pretty good to me. I figure if you can't do it well, do it really really bd right?

It was great to see the kids have so much fun at the beach and hang out with both the families. Two weeks was awesome because it didn't seem like you were going home hwen you had just got there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home