11/11/2007

New Tattoo

I finally got my new tattoo. I took Amy a few weeks ago to the same place we got our original tattoos 11 years go. I had wanted to get a Tiki God in the spring but the healing calls for staying out of pools, the sun, and the ocean for a few weeks so it just didn't fit into the schedule.

The artist who did Amy's did such a great job that I really wanted him to do mine as well. I was a little nervous as we had an image for Amy's that we brought with us but he drew mine from scratch. I described what I wanted and left it up to him. The first time I saw his drawing was 10 minutes prior to getting it. Needless to say he drew exactly what I wanted.

I did surprising well as I'm a total needle phobe. The Valium did help but it wore off about 45 minutes in so the last 2 1/2 hours was all me. I did get a little nervous about half way but got it back together and was fine. Since he did so much shading, he ended up going over the same spots 4 and 5 times which got a lot bit tender toward the end.

The only time I really got queezy was when he asked me to stand up so he could take pics and had to wipe the blood away first with a paper towel. The thought/feeling of rough paper over my fresh bleeding tattoo was a little much and I had to sit down for a few minutes to get color back. Otherwise I deserve a lollipop. We'll have to see how removing the bandage and cleaning goes tonight.

It's really much better than I had even considered it would be so I'm very excited. I was going to get my hammers redone today too but it took a lot longer than he expected so I have to come back another time for that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Hi Darlin'! You've been tagged!

(LOVE the new tattoo, and CONGRATS on your niece!!!)

9:15 PM, November 11, 2007  
Blogger Sideon said...

Great tattoo - I went through two lollipops and watched Mulan when I got my first (and only, so far) tattoo.

Made my way here via Jer's site, btw.

3:20 PM, November 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home